Welcome to the home page for Pack 316 in Canton, GA.
Where do we meet:
Church of the Messiah, 415 Charles Cox Dr, Canton, GA 30115
When do we meet: Mondays from 7:15-8:15pm
Who can join: Boys and Girls in Kindergarten to 5th Grade
How much does it cost: Annual dues are $95 plus the cost of uniform, activities and handbook
Can I be a leader: Yes!!, we encourage parents to participate and join their child on their scouting journey.
We are a family friendly pack that offers the BSA Cub Scouting program to both Girls and Boys.
Even though the Girls and Boys are offered the same program, they are separated into separate rank and gender specific Dens to ensure that they are developing in the program with scouts of the same gender and age.
Church of the Messiah offers many great amenities for our scouts to enjoy like 27 acres to roam and explore with trails, 250 seat lit amphitheater with a fire ring and lighted stage as well as stocked fishing pond.
The focus of our pack is to allow scouts to have FUN and learn to live by the values and ideals expressed in the Scout Oath and Law.
We believe that scouts should be encouraged and welcomed to participate in other activities that they enjoy outside of scouting like sports, church and extraarticular activities. Scouting should not be the only thing that your scout should do.
Our Dues are $95 a year that pays for BSA Membership and insurance, awards and advancements. Some of your other fees will be uniform, Book and costs for any activities that you and your scout would like to participate in.
As with all cub scout packs, scouts are divided up into six ranks as follows:
- (Kindergarten) Lion Cubs: eager young scouts are welcome to experience a reduced schedule and program designed specifically for their wiggles.
- (1st grade) Tiger Rank: tigers and parents receive an introduction to the fundamentals of scouting.
- (2nd grade) Wolf Rank: scouts begin exploring more electives and shaping individual interests.
- (3rd grade) Bear Rank: Whittling Chip eligible, bears begin practicing greater responsibility.
- (4th grade) Webelos Rank: “We’ll be Loyal Scouts” — Webelos help build campfires and begin the expanding program for older scouts.
- (5th grade) Arrow of Light Rank: well-trained scouts begin practicing independence.
Dens – Each rank is divided up into one or more dens, each with approximately 5 – 10 scouts. Dens are run by den leaders (one or more parents) and meet roughly three times per month during the school year, except Lions and as a pack with everyone the first Monday of each month to celebrate.
Click below to learn more about what Cub scouts is and answer some questions:
Welcome to Cub Scouting!
Please feel free to use the "Contact our pack" link on the top of the page if you have any additional questions.